I attend a women's bible study on Tuesday mornings and have been blessed with a wonderful small group leader and group of peers that I look forward to meeting with every week. Last week, our leader Spring handed out fun, homemade bookmarks for us all to take with us. They were left over from the study on the book of Ephesians she'd done in the summer, and covered with affirming truths from Scripture about our identity in christ. At the bottom is an excerpt from Victory Over Darkness by Dr. Neil Anderson:
"The more you reaffirm who you are in Christ, the more your behavior will begin to reflect your true identity."Today, let's dwell on and reaffirm our identity in Christ...
I am accepted...
- I am God's child. (John 1:12)
- I am Christ's friend. (John 15:15)
- I have been justified. (Romans 5:1)
- I am united with the Lord and I am one spirit with Him. (1 Corinthians 6:17)
- I have been bought with a price. I belong to God. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
- I am a member of Christ's body. (1 Corinthians 12:27)
- I am a saint. (Ephesians 1:1)
- I have been adopted as God's child. (Ephesians 1:5)
- I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 2:18)
- I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins. (Colossians 1:14)
- I am complete in Christ. (Colossians 2:10)
I am secure...
- I am free from condemnation. (Romans 8:1-2)
- I am assured that all things work together for good. (Romans 8:28)
- I am free from any condemning charges against me. (Romans 8:31-34)
- I cannot be separated from the love of God. (Romans 8:35-39)
- I have been established, anointed and sealed by God. (2 Corinthians 1:21-22)
- I am hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:3)
- I am confident that the good work God has begun in me will be perfected. (Philippians 1:6)
- I am a citizen of heaven. (Philippians 3:20)
- I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- I can find grace and mercy in time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)
- I am born of God, and the evil one cannot touch me. (1 John 5:18)
I am significant...
- I am the salt and light of the earth. (Matthew 5:13-14)
- I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life. (John 15:1,5)
- I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit. (John 15:16)
- I am a personal witness of Christ's. (Acts 1:8)
- I am God's temple. (1 Corinthians 3:16)
- I am a minister of reconciliation for God. (2 Corinthians 5:17-21)
- I am God's co-worker. (2 Corinthians 6:1)
- I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm. (Ephesians 2:6)
- I am God's workmanship. (Ephesians 2:10)
- I may approach God with freedom and confidence. (Ephesians 3:12)
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)
Did you know these truths before? Did you learn anything new about your identity in Christ?