by Allie Marie Smith
Get your copy here!
Hey lovelies! Just a few days left of August, which means the first print issue of Darling Magazine is on its way!
First, I want you to meet Sarah Dubbeldam, the chief dreamer and creative behind Darling. Sarah is a kindred spirit and a beautiful soul who embodies and lives the Darling mission.
Along with a few of my friends—including Natalie and Kristie—I had the absolute privilege of writing an article for this revolutionary and refreshing publication. (Side-note: Natalie is now the Managing Editor and I'm so happy to see her pursuing this dream—she is doing a fabulous job).
Writing for such a high quality, classy, beautiful and intelligent publication is a little girl dream come true!
In case you're new to Darling, I want to share a little about their vision and a few reasons why they are different than any other women's magazine:
- Darling challenges cultural “ideals” of beauty and questions its exaggerated importance. Sees beauty in every type of woman.
- Darling promotes respect for women’s bodies in fashion and photography, seeing modesty plus excellent fashion sense as “sexy.”
- Darling offers tangible, deep advice on painful issues facing women such as depression, anxiety, and eating disorders.
- Darling believes in bringing back etiquette, character and integrity, also focusing on increasing self-worth through living in more respect of your soul and body.
- Darling believes in expanding knowledge of spirituality and living a life connected to God in order to live well and love others.
- 140 pages of articles and photos which won’t be published online
- High-quality paper and a heavier, book-like cover
- 20+ exclusive photoshoots from several renowned photographers
- Over 40 original articles exploring our 8 personas
Lastly, you're invited to put on your best dancing shoes and join the Darling team for their Launch Party! If I wasn't in Hawaii for our Wonderfully Made Conference I'd so be there and would even show you my Appalachin-mountain-girl dance moves!
Will you subscribe to Darling? What about the magazine most appeals to you?